Shower heads don’t require much maintenance. But for optimal performance, here's what you can do:
– Before installation, let the water run at least a minute. This will help clear any debris.
– Some shower heads are equipped with easy clean rubber jets. Every once a week, run your finger across the rubber jets of the shower head. This will help squeeze out debris that may start accumulating.
– Clean the shower head at least once every 6-8 weeks by removing it and flushing out any kind of rubbish or small debris turning the shower head upside down and gently tapping it to dislodge any solid matter.
– Some shower heads have a mesh screen. You can remove the screen with a small screw or needle nose pliers and rinse it under flowing water. If the screen shows signs of extreme build-up, cleaning with an old toothbrush will do the job.
– Every 3 months, remove the shower head and soak overnight in a 50/50 solution of water and vinegar. Rinse thoroughly before re-installing.
Sign up to download How to Care and Maintain Your Shower Head
Our records indicate your email already exists. Please login above.
When you register to become a member, you gain access to white papers and the ability to reach out
to companies directly. As part of your membership, we’ll keep you up-to-date on current news, research and
analysis with our Business Chatter Weekly e-Newsletter.